Monday, February 06, 2006

In less than 12 hours

I will be watching the movers pack up all my stuff in their truck to drive it to Austin. I thought I would have enough boxes to pack everything myself, unfortunately, this is not quite the case. I could use 2 or 3 more, so not too bad.

So far, this move has not gone smoothly at all. I had a hell of a time setting up all my utilities at my new apartment. Then I got a call telling me that particular apartment won't be available, and I'll be in a different one. So, I had another hell of a time changing everything over to the new apartment number. There's been a few other things that have increased the stress levels. Hopefully, this is the end of all that extra moving drama and tomorrow will be silky smooth.

This has been a great apartment, and I just love the layout. It will be missed. However, since I tore everything down, it just doesn't feel like home anymore. It will probably be a long time before my new apartment feels like home. So right now, I have no place to call home, and it sucks.

Also, I'm still not 100% convinced that I'm making a good decision here. I'm quite nervous. Too nervous for my liking. This has just caused my brain to be all over the place, and essentially mush. Which is not cool.

I'm going to be without internet for the next couple of days. Hopefully, I'll be connected again on Thursday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're going to have a better job. you know, work, where you end up spending a good chunk of your week during your awake hours.

everything else will work itself out in time.

~Allison