Monday, February 20, 2006

Two Weeks



As of tomorrow, I will have lived in Austin for two weeks. My new apartment doesn't feel even remotely close to home, yet. This may be partly due to the fact that once I reached a certain level of unpacked, I just kinda stopped. Also, it's just going to take time. I'm not doing too good on the social front, either, but I've only gone out a few times. I can't expect things to happen right away.

Work is good so far, I should actually start doing real work this week. The work sounds interesting, so here's hoping. Also, even though I work for a big mega corporation, our team is remarkably small, and so there's a nice cozy work environment. That is definitely a nice change from my previous job.

So, I'm still settling in. It's only been two weeks, so I can't really complain. As I get more settled in, I think I'm going to really enjoy myself here.

No comments: