Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I think I almost killed someone today

It would have been their fault, though. It is stuck in my mind more than I would think an event when nothing happened should. I was on my way home, tired, and with dry eyes. I was about to switch lanes. I signaled, and made sure the lane was clear. I started to move over when I heard the motorcylce's engine. I look again, and saw it coming. I quickly slowed down and got back in my lane. Within seconds, the motorcycle was quite far ahead of me. I'm guessing it was doing at least 90mph, compared to my 60ish. At that speed, I'm sure I didn't miss it, it just wasn't there at the time I looked. I'm glad I didn't have my music any louder. I'm not sure the rider would have had time to avoid me, had I completed the lane change. And at that speed, and all the other traffic around me, it would have been ugly.

Nothing did happen, and it wouldn't have been my fault if something had, but I'm kinda shaken up by it all the same.

No comments: