Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Austin Bound


Frost Tower (P0744)
Originally uploaded by Chokma.

I'm not talking about bondage here. But, I am moving to Austin. This fills me with all kinds of excitement and dread. This, coupled with some other crap going on in my life, makes my mood have more ups and downs than the roller coasters at Six Flags. However, I am quite certain this is a good move for me. Once everything settles down, I'm sure to be a much happier person.

The job sounds a lot more interesting than what I got right now. I also won't have to work in a vault. On top of that, they are going to give me more money. Who can argue with that arrangement? Although, I am somewhat nervous about starting a new job. I feel like I haven't learned anything in the past 5 years. I can't help but feeling I might be getting in over my head.

I'm much more worried on the social front. As everyone knows, I'm socially not so much. While I do know quite a few people in Austin, I don't know anybody very well. There are a couple of people, however, that I'm really hoping to get to know a lot better once I get down there. At least one of them has boatloads of friends, so I'm hoping that finding my social happy spot won't be too bad.

I can't wait to move down there, but at the same time, I'm going to miss a lot of the people/places up here.

Wish me luck, and come visit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

consider your move Part 2 of the Dallas Blues Expansion project... we shall assimilate all!

~Allison