Thursday, May 18, 2006

DLX 2006....Continued edition

I can't believe I forgot to mention the people that decided to drive down 17th near Colorado, while high, at 5:30 in the morning. This wasn't just a one time occurrence. It happened on both Saturday and Sunday mornings, on the same stretch of road.

On Saturday, the person was just driving slow, and randomly hitting the brakes. Not too funny, not too exciting. The person on Sunday was much more interesting, however. They too, were driving really slow and randomly applying the brakes. Then they decided that they needed to drive over the double yellow line. They seemed to drive over it for some time. I passed them, so I couldn't keep an eye on them after that. I had to wait at the light for a little while and they had caught up to me. They did stop at the light, there was just one issue. They were two lanes to my left, and I was in the left-most turning lane. So, they were there, stopped, in a lane for the other direction. When the light turned green, I turned, and they just stayed there. My passenger watched and noted that the traffic going the other direction just went around them.

I wonder what it is about that stretch of road that says, "Drive here when you're high?"

No comments: