Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Unemployed

I've been unemployed for about 2.5 weeks now. It's not so fun. I think I would be enjoying it a lot more if I hadn't just bought a house. Luckily, I saved enough money to get by for a while, about 6 months or so. I'd much rather get a new job right away. I've been applying to pretty much every appropriate job in the Austin area that I can find. It's getting a lot harder to find new ones to apply to. The job market doesn't seem to be bad out here, and I'm talking to a ton of recruiters, but I haven't managed to land any interviews, yet. Not cool.

I knew I was getting laid off 2 weeks before I became unemployed. I found out on the Ides of March. I think it was uncool of my employer to go all Shakespearean on me.

It's nice staying home and all, but I seem to be spending half of my time looking for other jobs, and not enjoying myself, or taking care of the house as much as I'd like. Here's hoping I get a new job, soon.

No comments: