Thursday, December 01, 2005

Thanksgiving

It's a little late-ish, but oh well.

It seems that I didn't have a lot to be thankful for the last several years. Sure I have a comfortable life, good friends, and all that. Something was missing, though. For whatever reason, I just wasn't all that happy. Within the last year, I found happiness. Nothing had really changed, I guess I just realized that I really didn't have any reason to not be happy. Since then, I've had a fantastic time. Sure, there are a few things I would like to change, but I'm not going to let those things get me down.

This Thanksgiving, I found myself having a lot to be thankful for. I'm thankful that my employer allowed me to take 3 months off work so I could travel. I'm also thankful for all the personal growing I've done over the last year. I'm more thankful for the great friendships that I have. I'm also thankful for the special someone who decided to come up to Dallas from Austin to spend the weekend with me. I'm thankful for being able to go down to Austin later in the weekend and send another friend off to Portland (where I have more friends). Although I can't recommend the bus as a form of travel, I'm thankful I was able to catch a bus back to Dallas. I'm even thankful that I'm too lazy to look up another word for 'thankful'.

Life just keeps getting better. Thanks, everyone.

No comments: