Tuesday, June 14, 2005

CTLX 2005

I got back from DLX on Wednesday morning. On Friday morning, I hopped on a plane to go to CTLX. In hindsight, this was a bad idea. I just didn't give myself enough time at home to recover from DLX to really be able to enjoy CTLX. I also spent an extra 4 hours in the Kansas City airport, which didn't help. Kansas City quite possibly has the worst designed airport....ever. I thought DFW was bad, and it is, but Kansas City is much worse. It even sucks more than Tulsa's airport.

I finally got to New York at about 10pm (I was supposed to get there at 6pm). Then, after a quick bite to eat with a very patient woman, we both hopped on the train to Connecticut. At a little after 1am, I finally arrive at the train station in CT. I missed the first dance at the exchange. Bollocks! Not only that, but I had only been able to eat crappy airport food all day, so I was incredibly malnourished. Fortunately, the late night dance was at a sushi restaurant. That raw fish made me feel so much better.

The extreme humidity (and all humidity over 10 or 15% is extreme to me) prevented me from dancing much the rest of the weekend. I still managed to have a good time, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm waiting to hear the REAL stories...

~Allison